|Placement type||Final Internships|
|Duration in months||
>> View all
HBO & WO
FI TS EM is part of ING Commercial Banking, Financial Institutions. The Transaction Services Sales team (‘TS Sales’) in Amsterdam has a leading position in providing risk mitigation and financing of international trade. Our counterparties are for the majority of foreign banks and ultimate clients are exporting and importing corporate clients of ING Bank. Key words for our department are diversity, accuracy mixed with creativity, and complexity; making this an environment particularly suited for internationally minded, team players with organizational skills, eye for detail and entrepreneurial/commercial drive combined with an ability to perform under tight deadlines.
1. Processing/pricing of the trade finance transactions
- Handles flow trade finance transactions (i.e. letters of credit/stand-by letters of credit/guarantees, etc) presented for approval to the TS Sales team within the set limits. Is responsible for certain aspects of the transaction handling, such as arranging the approval and the administrative settlement after closing.
- Checks whether transactions comply with certain parameters such as available limits, tenor and structure. If the transaction falls outside this scope, arranges limit allocations, excess approvals, compliance waivers, risk mitigation etc, and monitors proper and timely processing.
- Supports the TS Sales Originator (Originator) in all aspects of the preparation and execution of transactions and/or specific projects.
- Advises ING offices (domestic and abroad) and external clients about pricing, risk appetite and structures related to trade finance and ensures that all questions are handled adequately and timely, reverting to the relevant specialist if necessary.
2. TS Sales support
- Depending on need, provides assistance to an Originator in marketing efforts and assists with the preparation for visits by the Originator.
Depending on need, other activities or projects can be part of the assignment.
FI TS EM provides a multicultural and international environment. Both regarding direct colleagues, as well as the client base. The latter comprises international Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and other ING departments. Due to the fast paced nature of the activities, FI TS EM provides a working environment best described as diversified, dynamic and energetic.
|Number of countries||
|Employee in NL||